Monday, January 10, 2011

Fruit Bats vs. Vampire Bats - Chapter Two: "Know Thine Enemy."

 
"I pity the impudent soul."

The first thing I noticed when I came across Sir Pissed Off was its size - it was much larger than any bat I had ever seen. And naturally the very first thing that came to mind was, "Bigger bat = bigger, funnier smile! YEAH! =D =D =D!"

No. I was not greeted with a smile. Panick struck... and then... WHACK! Monsieur Furieux was the one to get struck. By a wooden shaft. Its wing was broken, and since I did not have a camera at my disposal, Sir Angry was then placed inside a jar.










In case you haven't noticed... it's dead. Completely dead. Along with having to charge the battery, I couldn't find the camera itself. And I might have, maybe... accidentaly left the jar in which the bat was placed out in the sun during that time. But that wasn't my fault! ...The sun wasn't there at the time I left it. >_>

 Sorry about the chromatic abberration. Stupid pocket camera.


 As you can see, the fact that it's dead has no bearing whatsoever on it being as pissed off as ever. Creeps me out sometimes.



So what happened to the bat? Well, it's a real shame the camera wasn't around... a damn shame. We placed it into your everyday empty can of coffee, poured some alcohol in and set it on fire. The next morning I turned the can upside down to empty its remains, and it was actually pretty cool. Its entire carcass turned into nothing but ash, some of which was recognizable, such as a portion of its left wing. I grabbed it, softly grinded it between my fingers and watched as it broke down into fine dust and flew off into the breeze.

...

*reminisces*

...

  

So there you have it. Quite a remarkeable coincidence. What easier way could there be to tell fruit bats and vampire bats apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment